11.21.2012

thankful

Rouge & Whimsy

Oh, how quickly time flies and the holidays are already here. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I'm way behind on my "holiday spirit". Halloween came and went without me even touching a pumpkin or buying trick-or-treat candy. Thanksgiving is now here and I still haven't done anything festive. No decorating. No crafts. No baking (well, kind of). But still, my point is that the holidays seem to be passing me by all too quickly. There's a reason for it though. Although I love holidays and the opportunity to get into the holiday spirit, I have been a little more consumed with something else. This something else is the thing that I am beyond thankful for.

This something else is my graduate program for teaching. No words could explain how thankful I am for this opportunity. At this time a year ago, I was still floundering to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. I had great family and friends, but most of which lived over 1,000 miles away. I had the most amazing husband who was living out and pursuing his dream. I lived in an exciting and beautiful place. Yet, I was still lost.

It took a lot of praying, crying, talking, and faith to finally come to the decision of going back to school. I felt like I was taking a huge leap of faith because I wasn't 100% sure that teaching was what I wanted to do. I wanted God to audibly speak to me and tell me what to do but that just wasn't seeming to happen. It took a lot of reflection to realize that God had been telling me quite subtly [and quietly] over MANY years that teaching was where I was supposed to be. 

Now, I am in the thick of school -- taking graduate courses that stretch my mind and heart in ways that I never imagined. School has required many sacrifices and some sacrifices that I don't particularly like, but ultimately, it has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. For the first time, I feel like I'm actually on a path that is my own perfectly designed by God and not one that I am forcing or controlling. 

So it sum it up, I am thankful for finally figuring out my passion and having the opportunity to pursue it.

A big thank you to Julie Ann Art, Yellow Heart Art, and Rouge + Whimsy for hosting this Blog Hop!


2 comments:

delovely details said...

It is such a huge accomplisment to discover your passion and then it takes a lot of guts to pursue it completely. Kudos to you. Great to link up with you via the link up party, have a wonderful thanksgiving!

Erika @ rouge + whimsy said...

thanks for linking up lady! :)

I am so glad that you have found your passion & I know how much God is going to use you :)