10.25.2012

unexpected benefits



Believe it or not, there are some perks to being a med school wife. A couple months back, the husband and I had a conversation that went a little something like this:

Husband: “I have a med school conference that I have to go.”

Me: “Ohhh…” (while busily and distractedly doing something else)

Pause…

Me: “When is it?” (attempting to be interested)

Husband: (starting to conceal a grin) “First weekend of October”

Me: “Oh cool – where is it?”

Husband: “San Diego…” (not holding the grin in so well anymore)

Note: San Diego is where my best friend, Betsy, lives.

Me: (excitedly) “Wait, what?!?!? Is your school paying for you to go?”

Husband: “Yep…” (still grinning)

Me: “So do I get to go???”

Husband: “I figured I couldn’t go to San Diego without taking you with me!”

So there it is – the perk of being a med school wife. I got to go to San Diego for a brief, 36-hour, mini-vacation to visit my best friend and her hubby. To top things off, friends of ours from Seattle were visiting San Diego that same weekend.

The 36-hour trip included a visit to the local street market, lounging on the beach, watching Husky football, eating delicious food, having photo shoots, going on a coastline hike, and strolling the streets of downtown San Diego. Oh, and a med school conference for the husband.

Warning: Pictures Galore!




No big deal, just hanging out on the beaches of the Pacific Ocean!

 


Husky Football & Photo shoot fun!


Meet Dodger... :)




Best Friends! I love you Betsy! 

We saw dolphins.

And went "hiking" (San Diego style)








Bad lighting but don't we look like the modern day "Friends"? 

The beautiful red head in the photos is my sweet friend, Erika, from rouge + whimsy and she posted about our fun San Diego trip here. Check out her amazing blog too!

p.s. thanks for so patiently waiting for me to blog again. keep checking back because there's more to come this week!

2 comments:

Erika @ rouge + whimsy said...

I have a HUGE grin looking at these photos. :) thanks for posting!

Unknown said...

So fun! I just "met" Erika through our blogs and have been loving getting to know her! She told me we should get together since we're both in Denver :) What part of town are you in? We live near the Tech Center.