10.27.2012

craft night - love it or hate it?


What do you do when you invite 20+ high school girls over to “hang out”? My idea was a craft night. Despite my love for crafting now, I wasn’t always that way. In fact, when I was a high school girl, I’m pretty sure I despised crafty stuff. I was too much of a perfectionist back then to be satisfied with my attempted craft. So if these 20(ish) girls I invited were anything like me in high school, we were in a world of hurt. I had to create an idea that was easy enough for everyone to enjoy and affordable. Not an easy task.

With the help of the massive blog world and pinterest, I found a number of websites featuring different projects you can do with an old t-shirt, scissors, and a hot glue gun.

Here are some of the resources I used:




Explaining how to do these projects to 20+ giggling and talkative high school girls was not an easy feat. My type A, perfectionist self, quickly had to let go and let the girls have fun. The projects weren’t glamorous but the night was perfect. 







No comments: