9.27.2012

quinoa + quesadilla

I haven't really been cooking lately. Or baking. In fact, I think I'm losing my touch. The few recipes I've tried out recently, have somehow managed to be utter disasters. Despite my never-ending to-do list, I keep longing to be in the kitchen. Yet, whenever I squeeze in the time, I fail miserably. So until I have enough time to give my kitchen the proper attention again, you'll have to deal with recipes I tried out over the summer -- like this one:



There's so much goodness going on in this meal that I don't even know what to call it. The name would be really long...something like Quinoa, Black Bean, Feta & Peach Salsa Quesadilla. Whoa. Too many words for a title. Especially a food title. But, that's what it is.

This recipe was inspired by a couple cooks. You can check out their page for detailed instructions. I didn't modify it much - basically just added crumbled feta cheese and placed it in a tortilla.

But here's the basic rundown of ingredients:

  • 2 cups quinoa
  • 2 cans black beans
  • 6-8 green onions
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 4 ripe peaches
  • 1/2 red onion
  • 1/2 jalapeƱo pepper
  • 1 lime
  • handful of cilantro
  • crumbled feta
  • tortillas

Try it out - it was delish! 

No comments: