5.12.2012

Unordinary Love - What does that mean?


Unordinary love (noun): a unique love designed by God; a love that goes against all odds; a love that I hope to live out in my everyday life
As you may have guessed, this isn't a real definition. I made it up. I admit it. But that doesn't mean it's not true, right?

Here's a few examples of the unordinary love in my life.
- Medical School. My husband has an unordinary love for medicine (and for studying - or should I say "learning"?). His passion, drive, and desire for it doesn't make logical sense. Who willingly chooses to spend 10 years (after college) in school?
- This blog. If you were to ask my freshman year college roommate if I would ever be capable of compiling a blog full of recipes and DIY projects, she would likely laugh in your face. It wasn't all that long ago that my menu of favorite foods included easy mac, fruit snacks, popcorn, and pre-made anything. 
- Marriage. A guy and girl with extremely different personalities are supposed to live together forever? Seriously? How do we come up with these things? It sounds crazy if you think about it, but in all seriousness, it takes a special kind of love to make marriage work - it's a love that truly goes against all odds. I'm happy to be fighting the odds with my husband!
- Family and Friends. I live about 1,300 miles away from the majority of my friends and family. It's sad, it's hard, it's undesired. But through an unordinary love, I remain connected.
- God. The most unordinary love of all. He sacrificed His Son to save me, an unworthy sinner. His grace covers me, His faithfulness carries me, and His love fills me.

Do you have an unordinary love? Something that you never dreamed of loving and now you do? Or something you had to fight for? Please feel free to share - I'd love to hear about the unordinary love in your life.

No comments: